Thursday 20 January 2011

Could astrology boost your chances of getting pregnant?

After four ­miscarriages and six failed IVF ­treatments, Mandy Parry was no stranger to studying charts in her quest to be a mum.
She knew precisely where she was in her menstrual cycle as readily as she knew the day of the week. In the five years she and her ­husband Mark had been trying to ­conceive, Mandy tried ­spiritual ­healing, feng shui, ­acupuncture, organic diets and a host of herbal remedies.

Then, in a last attempt, Mandy ­consulted a fertility astrologer to help her get pregnant.

‘Mark and I had spent more than £50,000 on treatments and we’d both taken ­second jobs to pay for them,’ Mandy says. ‘All the ­heartbreak had made me ­profoundly depressed - at times I wanted to die. The odds were so stacked against us.’ But now the couple are the proud parents of eight-month-old Violet. And Mandy has no doubt it was astro-­fertility that has helped to fulfil her dream of becoming a mother.

‘Though I was sceptical, I was also ­desperate,’ says Mandy. ‘I don’t even read my horoscope and Mark thought it was a complete waste of money. But when you want a baby as badly as I did, you will ­consider anything. 'Since Violet was born I feel ­intoxicated with happiness. I still can’t quite believe she’s here. All of my ­scepticism has melted away.’

But can credit for this miracle ­conception really be given to ­star-­gazing - and is there a shred of ­evidence to support it?

Astro-fertility works on the ­assumption that there are only two or three times a year when a woman can become pregnant and go on to ­successfully give birth. Those windows are ­particular to each woman based on her and her partner’s time and place of birth and the alignment of planets at those moments. It is only when the position of those planets is replicated that a woman can conceive.

‘It sounds like nonsense,’ says Mandy, a secondary school teacher. ‘But we’d exhausted all other options so I thought: “Why not?”' She and Mark, a community safety worker, met in May 2004 when Mandy was 39 and eager to have a family. But, just as their ­relationship got ­serious, Mark, 47, made a confession - he’d had a ­vasectomy a few years back, following the birth of his three sons from his first marriage.

To read more go to http://bit.ly/dRIdte

1 comment:

  1. My name is Caren, from united states ,I had 4 rounds of failed IVF. My embryos didn’t implant. I was completely broken.

    It’s been 3 years since our second set of embryos didn’t implant….After a lot of grieving and feeling broken for a long time, I have eventually excepted the loss of our (5) embryos and have went on with life. Now that I’m ready for life to go “go back to normal”
    and have woken up from the hibernation loss…. one faithful day i was just on google just doing some simple research there i saw a comment on how a lady got pregnant with a spiritual means by one ashra , i took the contact and i did send ashra a message and it was replied and i said my problems it was there ashra told me i will need a cleanse and a pregnancy spell, ashra sent me a parcel and told me how to use it before i had sex with my husband , i did all ashra asked me to do , two months and 3days later i fell a little feverish and went to my doc and he confirmed it that i was pregnant , i didnt believe it , i had to do a second test to be sure and it was same that i was pregnant , then i broke the news to my husband when i got home , he was over joyed , today the impossible has become possible, i gave birth as when due and to a healthy baby girl, my daughter is 4months old and doing very well. i want to say never give up hope , the doctors dont no it all , try other means , just as that lady gave out ashra contact info and it helped me out, i am also giving ashras info out for anyone out there that might be reading this and thinking all is lost contact ashra today via email :ashraspelltemple@gmail.com or call or whatsapp +2348058176311. i wish you out there steel trying lot of luck and baby dust

    good luck



    CAREN.DURHAM

    ReplyDelete