Tuesday 12 October 2010

Acupuncture enabled us to have a baby after three years of trying

After three years of trying to have a baby, Dawn Paddock was desperate.
As a nurse in gynaecology, she had naturally relied on western medicine to help treat a blocked fallopian tube and other problems.

But, with no sign of motherhood looming, she and her husband Chris were about to embark on IVF when a friend came up with another idea - acupuncture.

And Mrs Paddock reckons the following three half-hour sessions of the ancient Chinese practice helped her conceive their long-awaited son, Shay.

The 31-year-old, who described the treatment as 'the best £60 I have ever spent', admitted: 'I was sceptical. As a nurse you rely heavily on western medicine, rather than alternative methods.

'But I thought if nothing else it would help me to relax and destress.'

Mrs Paddock, of Wrexham in North Wales, added: 'My husband and I just stared at Shay for what felt like hours after he was born.

To read more go to

No comments:

Post a Comment