Saturday 27 March 2010

Woman learns she CAN be a mother using google ... after 20 years

Julie Cameron was just 15 years old when doctors told her she would never have children. The distraught teenager was diagnosed with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser Syndrome, an extremely rare condition that meant she was born without a womb, cervix or fallopian tubes. So imagine her surprise 20 years later when Julie learned that she actually had two healthy ovaries - by using Google.
She typed the name of her condition into the search engine one night and was stunned to find that although she could never carry a child, her ovaries could produce eggs

Doctors 'never mentioned' that modern fertility techniques meant she could, in theory, could have a biological child using a surrogate. After discovering her ovaries carry healthy eggs, Mrs Cameron has found a willing surrogate and is now rying to raise £5,000 for the first round of IVF treatment.

If that works, she will need a further £10,000 to pay for surrogacy expenses. She said: 'It was a complete revelation - I just Googled it and the article that came up was about surrogacy. 'The article mentioned that women with my condition have no womb but still have healthy ovaries. I thought, "you have got to be kidding me".

'I got myself checked out and found I too had healthy ovaries. 'I always thought having a child was impossible for me and would Unable to qualify for IVF, Mrs Cameron and her chef husband, 31, are now on a fundraising drive to make their dream of becoming parents come true.

Mrs Cameron said: 'Having spent 20 years believing I had absolutely no chance at all of having a child, to discover I have healthy ovaries and there is a chance for me is still all quite surreal.

Go to http://bit.ly/bLUwhg to read more

No comments:

Post a Comment